DR CONGO HUMANITARIAN MISSION
Date: April 2015
Place: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
The focus of the humanitarian workers of the Fraternity – Humanitarian Federation (FIHF) in this short-term mission was to support the work carried out by the Missionaries of Charity of Mother Teresa of Calcutta, in shelter homes that host children and adolescents with disabilities, in Kinshasa, capital of DR Congo.
This mission completed the humanitarian workers journey throughout three African countries (Rwanda, Uganda and DR Congo).
- Registration of families in extreme poverty.
- Support in the distribution of food donations to families in need.
- School assistance for children.
- Miscellaneous care for hospitalized patients.
- Recreational activities with children.