Date: since September of 2019
Place: Manaus, Amazonas
The Transit Lodging in Manaus (ATM) is a temporary shelter, part of the internalization process created by the Acolhida Operation. It began as a extention of the work done by the
Developed by the Acolhida Operations, UN agencies and partners of the Plan for Internalization, the ATM is a governmental strategy to promote the socioeconomic insertion of these Venezuelan imigrants and refugees that wish to travel to other Brazilian states seeking new life opportunities.
- Management of the Transit Lodging in Manaus (ATM) in partinership with the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR).
- Suport in the matters of feeding, basic health, sheltering, conflict management and protection services.
- Organization of the cleaning committee, for the maintenance of the physical structure, and of the kitchen committee, for the preparation of the food.
- Development of activities on educational art in emergencies, adapted to the children’s permanence period at the ATM.
- Conversation groups, informative lectures, and screening of videos and movies.