Date: May 2016
Place: Dolores, Uruguay
After a tornado partially destroyed the city, the Fraternity – Humanitarian (FFHI) organized this point-in-time mission to provide aid to the affected population. The emergency response focused mainly on supporting the reconstruction committee, which was set up to coordinate return-to-normality efforts.
- Logistical support to the city’s reconstruction committee, through the organization of stocks of clothing, food, and hygiene and cleaning products.
- The homeless installed in the city’s gymnasium receive visits and participate in ‘listening and conversation circles’.
- Visits and humanitarian support to damaged homes and institutions.
- Support for the installation of the emergency cafeteria, as well as the preparation and distribution of food.
- Support for the reconstruction of damaged houses.